Tuesday 12 November 2013

P.O.A


Recently, a silly little nagging feeling keeps popping up in this small brain of mine and it's because I'm not doing enough to get to where I want to be (and that's taking photos of children and weddings).  I keep letting myself get distracted and I didn't even create a blog post in the whole of October!!!!


So, to sort this silly little nagging feeling out I've started a plan of action.

I am...
A) Going to submit more pictures to Getty Images. Even if I do hate doing the model release forms.
B) Keep taking Images.

C) Buy that 24-70mm f2.8 lens.
D) Take photos of children at my church... Or in other words... build up my portfolio.
E) Create flyers for local nurseries and schools. Starting with OLI (the places I did the nursery photos for before)
F) Keep up to date with photographic magazines

Ideally I want to have the flyers and posters designed and ready for Easter time because Easter will be the time that every parent in a 5 mile radius of me realises that they NEED to have their child photographed by my fair hands.

A couple of weekends ago I went to Photolive 2013 where I attended few seminars by wedding photographers- Gary Walsh, Catherine Conner and Kate Hopwell-Smith. They were all particularly inspiring... And today I picked up my "turning-pro" magazine and who should've written the first article? Cather Conner herself! What a small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment