Friday 24 May 2013

Future Weeks

It's another grey typical English day. I've finally had enough of reading so it's time for a blog entry...

Today I fixed a basket onto my bike which I weirdly found very therapeutic. Fitting screws and blots into places is extremely fun for me. I started thinking about fun while I was doing that and thought about the photographer Edward Weston when he wrote in his journal that he'd spent the day in "a holiday of work but work which was play".

I've been thinking about work a lot too. If University has taught me anything it's that I am a very weird (and sometimes wonderful) person. But the truth is, after exploring what it's like to live away from home and be completely independent, I want nothing more then to return home. I think knowing what drives and inspires us is a fundamental characteristic to have.... And right now, I can't think of anything less suited to me then full-time employment. It's not that I'm lazy and never want a place of my own, it's not that I don't care about money either it's just right now I feel like there are SO many potential paths I could go down that I need to be somewhere that I feel like me. I never felt like that during University.

Anyway, recently I've been spending a lot of time with my Grand-mother. She lives with us at home and she is constantly complaining about how unhelpful and unreliable her carers are. I've had a brainwave that I could potentially be her carer. Either way, I'm going to need a part-time job because I'm planning on setting up a small photography business. I mentioned it to her a couple of days ago but she's very conservative when it comes to new ideas. We'll just see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment